Sunday 21 June 2009

Jump starting a blog

Sometimes it’s a hard to get back into writing when the work-life balance has become unbalanced and out of sync … I’ve been busy with lots of work and little play recently which means that I’ve been rather remiss on my blog. But the good news is I’m back again testing out a new strategy to write several pieces at once and then feed them through the ‘blogging machine’ during the course of the next few days. Sometimes it’s hard to start when there has been a little lapse so I thought I’d check out one or two of my favourite blogs for a little inspiration. I do enjoy reading Fiona Robyn’s blog http://www.plantingwords.com/ and I’m sure she won’t mind if you stop by too.

I’m going to play a little game which is about writing as much as you can in 10 minutes on a given subject. So that I can ‘bank’ some writing, I’m going to choose three different subjects or topics and see what unfolds, if anything. As I’m sitting here at my desk, I am going to choose three things which are on and around my desk at this point in time.
1. a yellow rose
2. a diary
3. a photograph


You are welcome to join me in this little exercise and I would love to know how it goes. Has it tapped into your creativity? Here we go timers at the ready …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.