Monday 25 May 2009

New faces and places …

We’ve got new neighbours …they’ve been here a couple of weeks now and appear to be settling in quite nicely. Although with all the recent activity of to-ing and fro-ing, checking out the garden, the space and possibly the other neighbours too, I wasn’t quite sure if they would stay. However, I guess like most of us when it comes to new habitats, we do like to visit a few times before making the commitment to put down roots and stay. And really it was no different for them. He seemed to have very definite ideas about how much space he needed … possibly a little territorial, I might add. I observed them both from a distance. She appears to be the quieter of the two and I expect that the decision about moving here was made in quiet consultation at their previous place. I’m delighted they agreed to stay. I quite enjoy watching their activities from the nest to the bird table, the daily flights in and out of the gum tree, his mid flight flapping when he’s trying to impress whoever is quietly watching!. It’s like that little red chest of his is bursting with pride, shouting ‘look at me, look at me’, while she tidies the nest and pops in and out occasionally to see what’s happening in the world outside.

Having good neighbours is important, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.