Friday 2 August 2019

How do you resolve a birthday dilemma?


-->

 ... a birthday surprise!

  

Last week I received an unexpected surprise from a good friend of mine.

‘This is for you,’ she said and presented a beautifully wrapped gift.

‘Thank you, what a lovely surprise.’

‘Happy birthday,’ she continued. 

‘Oh thank you’, I replied,  ‘but it’s not my birthday until the end of next month.  You’re so organised’.

‘Oh no! I thought it was the end of this month’, she declared.

There had been a trauma with a phone and lost contacts, which resulted in the mix up of birthday dates.  It happens, I know, we’ve all been there … yours truly included!  I’ve sent a friend birthday wishes twice this year on different months for the same birthday! Life can get busy at times but the good news is that no friendships were lost in the process.

You’ll be pleased to know that I graciously accepted my friend’s gift although now I had a dilemma. To open or not open the gift before my official birthday date?  Unlike the queen who has two birthdays – official and unofficial – I’ve only one birthday … and that’s official. I’m wondering if the queen has a birthday gift dilemma on her birthdays? Are there official and unofficial birthday gifts? Just wondering, you understand.

Well, I waited a whole day, almost another day more but ‘suspense’ couldn’t wait and … yes, I opened the early birthday gift.  I was delighted with my friend’s choice of gift.  She knows me so well.  A wonderful gift and one I’m very happy to receive.  I’m grateful and thankful for a gift that will come in very useful over the coming weeks … and before my official birthday too. Dilemma resolved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.