Sunday 21 February 2010

Ramblings in Christmas Common

A whole week has gone by and I haven't got round to updating my blog. Not that it really matters. I mean it's not as if anyone has missed it. I'll bet you didn't even notice. Like me you were probably so caught up in the busyness of life you weren't even aware that there were no postings from last week. But I have missed it ... just a little mind ... sometimes it's good to have a few creative ramblings. Sometimes it's good to take stock of what is going on. Sometimes it's good to sit and think. Often it's good quite simply to sit!

During the week I decided to take some time out and catch up with a friend I haven't seen for ages. We've both been caught up in the 'busyness of life' lately. We arranged to meet in a beautiful place called Christmas Common in Oxfordshire. We donned the walking boots and walked and talked, admired the countryside and watched the red kites swoop and soar in the blue skies above. Initially I had felt a little guilt with it being a Friday and a working day however the moment of guilt soon passed. It felt good to be out in the fresh air and bright sunshine.

As you can imagine all this activity requires sustenance. There's a lovely little pub to stop by and treat oneself to lunch should you meander along this way in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Good food for thought and tasting too.
    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.