Sunday 12 April 2009

‘… A host of golden daffodils’

My Easter break started in glorious colour – hundreds and hundreds of golden daffodils! Welcome to Glasgow. Miles of daffodils lined the welcoming route to the city. Mr Wordsworth, eat your heart out, Glasgow certainly did you proud, ‘a host of golden daffodils’. Now if that is a simple gesture of Scotland’s Homecoming year, it will be an amazing year. It’s been a few years since I’ve been to Glasgow, a great city and I truly felt welcomed back. It must have taken ages planting all those daffodils bulbs. Perhaps there were a few grumps and groans whilst doing so … I would like to say to whoever made the effort, thank you. I loved it! I was most impressed. What really impressed you today? Was it an unexpected surprise like the daffodils?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.