Wednesday 20 January 2021

Time to Reflect?


My Intuitive Vision Board - September 2019


Happy New Year.  As I write I wonder what the New Year of 2021 will bring?  What I wish for most in 2021 - the demise of the coronavirus pandemic!  It has been an extremely difficult and challenging year for all in 2020. We lost so many loved and beautiful people to the pandemic.  We waited tentatively and patiently for life saving vaccine news.  We heard stories of hope, courage and dedication and clapped in appreciation of our health care workers and keyworkers.  

We are extremely grateful for the work they continue do as we move into 2021. I am thankful and grateful for those who come together and make a difference in these challenging times.  I’ve been reflecting on the year of 2020.  Who would have guessed when January 2020 started how the year might unfold… certainly not me!  

There have been changes, many changes, to the ways we work, play and exercise. In this blog post, I reflect on some of my own changes. Let me take you back pre-Covid to a creative workshop I attended with a friend of mine, a workshop where intuition plays a considerable part!

I created an Intuitive Vision Board in September 2019 long before the arrival of the Covid-19 pandemic.  I recall a peaceful and relaxing Saturday morning facilitated by Mary Nondé, gathering the group together, preparing us for a visionary day ahead.

I enjoyed the skilled meditative process that Mary creates prior to the making of our respective boards. This wasn’t my first Intuitive Vision Board with Mary.  As with the others I set to work to create my board quietly and intuitively, selecting and deselecting images as the morning wore on.  

Upon completion, I viewed the board curiously and wondered how and when my unconscious mind which had created this board would engage with my conscious thinking?  In September 2019 life was ‘normal’ …as we knew it.  But everything changed in March 2020 and I don’t think anyone anticipated the magnitude of the 2020 changes.  I viewed my board regularly and I wondered what work/life changes might unfold for me personally.

Octopussy

Within days of making this board, I was gifted with a beautiful drawing of an Octopus from my 3-year-old Spanish niece, a beautiful picture in her best colouring-in, not unlike the octopus on my board.  Her creativity is developing as I write - beautiful handwriting, colourful drawings and mastering four languages.


Poppies

The group of ladies surrounded by poppies surely represent the group of friends who rallied together to help me create my website for my children’s coaching project: Poppyfields Coaching.  This same website that had lain dormant for months when I was too busy to work on it prior to lockdown. Lots of discussions over virtual cups of tea and one day we’ll celebrate with Champagne in real time – both tea and wine on my board.  


The boy and the apples

Prior to pandemic, my coaching with children was face-to-face. Suddenly I had to learn and adapt to online coaching practice. Fast and flexible I needed to be, stretching me well outside my comfort zone. It was stressful and tough at times learning new skills however, I am amazed to find that both the children and I enjoy this style of coaching.   And as a coach I can offer more, different and fun interactive tools like the apple bobbing.


Cosy by the fire

The cosy living room with a real coal fire? My dream of sitting in front of a coal fire however is but a fantasy, a remnant of a bygone day in Donegal.  Each year in Ireland on Nollaig na mBan, we celebrate Women’s Christmas (6 January) and a talented group of female musicians used the opportunity to fundraise for their local hospice.  The theme for their event, ‘Cosy by the fire’ while I sat ‘cosy by my fire’ to enjoy it.  This image has quietly prompted me also to explore contributing to my own local hospice in 2021.


Pandora’s box & the weaving of threads

The image that intrigued me most on my board was the wooden box and cotton reels. While I admire those, who create beautiful pieces with a needle and thread and I love needleworks of art, crafted pieces and craft fairs, sewing is not my talent beyond sewing on a button or two. 

Writing is my craft of development. I love to write and find the whole process enjoyable and therapeutic.  Many a solution has occurred to me through a hastily written rant and a reflective read. But why this ‘sewing box and threads’ on my board?  During contemplation an idea unfolded to bring creative people together – and there has never been a better time to offer this to people in lockdown and since I now have a grasp of the technological skills required.  The box is yet to be opened and when it does, I’ll share. While this week I’m busy clearing space for that particular project.


Exploring creativity has been been a great source of inspiration for me during lockdown - sharing words, letters, and exchanging ideas. It has helped me stay focused on days when work was quiet and lockdown days became routine.  It has permitted me to think about doing things differently.  My work has changed and that’s okay for now.  My thoughts about tackling the impossible have changed too. From a health and wellbeing perspective, creativity has been most welcome and enjoyable too. And should you consider ‘tapping into that creative and intuitive part of self,’ add it to your 2021 ‘to do list’, you can read more about Mary’s Intuitive Vision Board below. 

https://www.marynonde.com/intuitive-vision-board-life-coaching-programme

In the meantime, Stay safe and Stay well. 

Wishing you good health and happiness for a better year ahead.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.