Wednesday 8 April 2020

What are you grateful for today?


 'Rainbow of hope' by local artists 

As I write today, I’m grateful for many things, firstly my health and wellbeing particularly when so many people are adversely affected by the Coronavirus. I’m thankful and appreciative of our amazing NHS staff, support teams and keyworkers too.

I’m happy that I can do ‘essential shopping’ and take a walk as exercise; some people are unable to do so. I’m also appreciative of the kindness offered in my neighbourhood.  I’ve made several new friends as a result of these connections and all within the mandatory ‘social distancing’ levels!

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by our venture into connections with family and friends through online meeting rooms, video calls and other social media options, once only the right of the busy business folk. There has been much laughter in our family with trial and error video escapades. Who needs to watch television for comedy?  For me, the once reluctant ‘social media engager’, well I’m beginning to grasp the intricacies of newer communication methods. There may be those of you reading who will smile knowingly and say ‘about time!’ 

However, as an ardent fan of ‘talk-talk’ and ‘write-write’, I continue to embrace and enjoy the old fashioned ways of communication. I enjoy a chatty phone call with friends and I love writing and receiving letters.  In fact, I’ve been able to pursue both these fine arts during this strange and surreal Coronavirus time. I’m also a big admirer of the beautiful artwork created by our children in these times.  Have you noticed the colourful ‘rainbows of hope’ on pavements, walls and windows?

On a bright sunny morning last week, I took delivery of a beautiful rainbow from a little family known to me.  This ‘rainbow of hope’ is proudly displayed in my window. So for those of you who live outside my neighbourhood, I share my rainbow with you via this blog post.  I’m grateful to the children who took time to create and colour this striking work of art.  

What are you grateful for today?

Stay safe and well everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.