Saturday 31 October 2009

Halloween - trick or treat?


As soon as it got dark, the ghosties and ghouls came out in my neighbourhood. We had several little ghouls appear at our door this evening - not as many as previous years I have to add. I did note several parties organised for the kids locally, perhaps that's where they have all gone this year - to a pumpkin party? I have to say I was rather disappointed as the big kid within me enjoys the banter of the little ones who come tricking and treating. Great to see the parent witches dressed up for the occasion too!

It takes me back to days of apple bobbing, witches hat making and telling ghost stories with my brothers and sisters once upon a time. My lovely Dad would tell some great ghost stories ...

This evening I'm left with a surplus of chocolate - scary thought!
I'm not really sure what to do with it.

"Eat it ", I hear you say.
"I couldn't ", says my conscience.
"Ah well, maybe just a very little piece", says my sweet tooth.

Happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.