Wednesday 25 March 2020

When do you stop to smell the roses?

Taken in a beautiful garden I love to visit  



 When the world stopped to smell the roses

I noticed ma and pa blackbird building for the future,
I marvelled at the iridescence of the beautiful blue blooms in my garden,
I noted the daffodils tall and defiant especially after the storm,
I spotted the spider weave his silvery web with creative flair,
I observed the cherry blossom buds on the maturing tree,
I appreciated the morning birdsong more than before,
I watched Red Kites soar in the morning sun,
I sensed the shopkeeper’s mood was really fear in disguise,
I acknowledged the disconnection with his ‘regulars’,
I saluted nurses, doctors and frontline NHS staff for selfless service,
I praised key personnel for all they do especially today,
I laughed at the creative family videos shared to entertain,
I struggled with learning new online communication systems,
I shared fun and laughter to reduce the angst,
I learned that ‘unknowing’ was the scariest fear of all,
I touched the hand that needed to be held,
I spoke the words hidden behind the eyes of concern,
I reassured in the only way I knew how,
I offered hope, with care and love
I prayed for healing and good health of our world,

I wondered when all this unease happened
When I was busy being busy?
When I was to-ing and fro-ing?
When I was caught up in trivialities
When I was living life too quickly?

When the world stopped to smell the roses,
I learned who and what was really important.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Maureen. Keep safe and well in these turbulent times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.