Friday 17 August 2018

How do you re-ignite a blog?


-->

photo by MF


Today is the day I re-ignite my blog!  Is that a drum roll I hear in the background?  Perhaps not.  I have been really neglectful and not written anything for ages and I don’t mind admitting it that it’s tough trying to get back into the swing of things.  There was a time when I wrote something every week.  I belonged to an online bloggers’ group. I quite looked forward to the Sunday Picture prompt and the challenge it presented to the group. Every picture tells a story and I loved the pictures chosen for us to write about.  I particularly enjoyed the different takes on the same picture.  It was fascinating to see and read where creative minds flowed.  Sadly the writing group ceased … I guess everyone got busy with ‘stuff’.

A conversation with Sarah at GoldcrestPublications today got me thinking about blogging again. We both share a love of reading books, particularly the old fashioned kind of book where you can turn the pages, feel the quality of the paper, admire the cover and mark your stopping page with a elegant bookmark.  Good heavens, no, I never turn the corner of the page down - sacrilege!  I know there is a place for electronic devices and e-books but as an avid reader, well, for me, it’s just not the same. The Man loves his Kindle, however, I am happier to pack a couple of real books into my cabin baggage on holiday.  When I’ve read said book, I like to release it into the wild or exchange it for another as happened on our most recent holiday in Stockholm.  This particular transaction made two ladies very happy indeed.  I’m currently enjoying ‘Sushi for Beginners’ a novel by Irish writer Marian Keyes thanks to our lovely Airbnb host.

The Man and I enjoyed Stockholm this year for our summer vacation.  Exploring the city and surrounding areas was very agreeable and inspirational too. It was good to discover new places, take pictures, slow down, relax and read a good book too.  I’m wondering if perhaps one or two holiday pictures might make for a blog post in the future. Who knows what may unfold as my blog is re-ignited.  


    







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me in your blog post Mary. I'm glad I was able to encourage you to start blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Always good to have a little inspiration when writing.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.